When it comes to making up your eyes, there are a few insider beauty tricks you can use to amp up your look . Apply your eye makeup using these tricks and, if you do it correctly, your eye makeup will last all day.
The Secrets to All-Day Eyeshadow
Before we get into the step-by-step process, there are a top secrets to eye makeup that lasts all day.
1.Choose a quality eyeshadow primer-A good primer, Use it as the base and your eyeshadow will stay put through rain, sweat, and even the heaviest of oil slicks produced by the skin.
2.Choose a quality eyeshadow– A good eyeshadow have smooth effect on eye and give a bright look to your eyes. Stick with it and then have fun exploring the various color palettes available.
Now, onto the fun! It really only takes eight steps to get absolutely gorgeous eye makeup.
Step 1: Apply Concealer to Your Dark Areas
- Apply three dots of concealer under each eye. Start at the inner corner where skin tends to be darkest, then under the pupil, and the third on the outer edge.
- Pat (never rub) with your ring finger (this finger tends to have the softest pad) until the concealer disappears
Step 2: Prime Those Lids
- Just as you prime a wall before you paint, you can prime your face before you apply makeup.This allows it to go on smoothly and makes it last longer. Eyeshadow primer is the secret to keeping your shadow in place for hours. It will keep the shadow looking great through workouts, torrential rains, a good cry, and even a night’s sleep.
- To apply the primer, simply put a dot on each lid and blend it in.
Step 3: Line the Eyes
Line your eyes as close to the upper lashes as possible from the inner corner to the outer corner. Follow with liner below your eyes. Smudge the bottom line with a cotton pab or your finger. You don’t want a prominent line.
For a smokey eye, use a brush to pat in a dark eyeshadow along the upper lid and below the lid. You don’t want a stark line, but you want to blend it so it gets a nice smudge.
Step 4: A Few Swipes of Eyeshadow
- Start with a light color that almost matches your lid. Sweep the color across the lid and up to your brow bone.
- Follow with a medium color across your lid only.
- Build on this with a darker color in the crease.
- Blend the colors well.
Step 5: Highlight the Inner Eye
This step is a makeup artist’s secret and a trick that you will use all the time once you see the results. It involves only the inside part of the eye.
Put a bit of your lightest eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eye and it will brighten it significantly. You can dab a finger into the lightest eyeshadow in your palette and then press it into the inner corner of your eye where the upper lid meets the bottom lid. This totally makes eyes “pop.
Step 6: Highlight Your Brow
Take the same light eyeshadow and dab it on your brow bone, concentrating on your mid-brow outward. Blend with your finger. You can also use something just below and above the brow, but a super light shadow will do you.
Step 7: Curl Your Lashes
An eyelash curler will make even long lashes look more gorgeous. For added effect, you can heat the curler under a blowdryer for a couple seconds.
This simple trick can make your eyelashes look bigger, fuller, and they’ll curl better. Simply blow a burst of hot air for no more than three seconds onto your eyelash curler before you curl your lashes. Make sure to test the metal on your arm before you clamp down so you don’t burn your lid, though.
Step 8: Apply Mascara
Finally, you’ll finish off your look with a little mascara. Simply place the wand of your mascara brush at the bottom of lashes and wiggle back and forth. Follow with another few sweeps of the wand. Apply to bottom lashes as well.